Sunday, August 14, 2016

Have Faith in God; Card

Howdy.  I'm still struggling with this new updated photo program.  I'm not too big on change.  Well, that's not completely true.  I'm not too big on change I don't understand.  I really can't embrace change that I don't understand, or can't rally behind the application.
Anyways, I made a card for a few challenges.  
I stopped by Mojo Monday to get a sketch.  That way I have a starting point.  I needed to look at the 'elements' in the sketch to start my brain storming.

The half circle is perfect for a doily or a large blossom.  The rectangle piece is perfect for a sentiment.
Now, I need a color combo and possibly a little more inspiration.  So, I stopped by {Cupcake Inspirations} challenge to see both the colors and inspiration.  Love their new challenge.

I love this pale minty green color they used for the gems.  And the creamy vanilla color of the frosting is perfect to pair with all things vintage.  {smile}
I also stopped by Word Art Wednesday to see what they had for a sentiment.  And super happy I did.

and here is what I created:

Recipe:  I used kraft card stock from Paper Trey Ink.  Love their heavy weight card stock; very sturdy, and easy to use in die cuts.  I used a light weight card stock from CTMH (not sure of the color, I only had a scrap left).  I layered two different, but beautiful pattern papers.  The minty floral pattern paper is from Cosmo Cricket.  It's probably 5/+ years retired.  But I just love the minty pale vintage color.  And the off white floral pattern reminds me of vintage wall paper.  The blue and white text paper is from LemonCraft, their Forget Me Not collection.  (LemonCraft, is an eastern European paper company.)  
I simply adhered these two pattern papers together, and added a single border stitch with my sewing machine.  I think it helps add a vintage, home spun look to the card.
I had a 4" burlap doily from Maya Road, left over from a project last year, so I cut it in half and adhered it to the front of the card.  I used hot glue to adhere the mint lace blossom from Prima, their Coffee Break collection, to the center of thee burlap doily.  
I used some minty blue-green seam binding (Aquarelle) to make a double bow.  I added a 'gem' brad to the center.  The gem brad is from Paper Studio Spare Parts line.  
I printed the sentiment onto whisper white card stock by Stampin' Up! and matted it to a scrap piece of CTMH card stock.  Viola!  I'm super happy with how it came out.  Just wish I could add some text to the photo.  :/
Thank you for stopping by!  I hope you have been inspired the play along with any/all of these challenges.  {smile}

Monday, August 1, 2016

Utility Apron

Howdy!  I worked on my apron yesterday, and I am happy with my progress.  {smile}  At first I was anxious to get started.  The ideas were swimming around in my mind, and really wanted to get started.  Then, my fabrics arrived in my mail box.  Yeah, I ordered some vintage fabrics and trims.  I roughly calculated how much material I would need, and then added a little extra {in case of mistakes during cutting}.  But, then I was time to cut.  And it really made me nervous!  I overcame my nervousness and grabbed my fabric scissors and cut.  {smile}
here is the almost, near completion of my shabby chic utility apron:

So, I will start at the bottom of the apron, and work my way to the top.   I machine stitched this beautiful white cotton trim with bows and scallops onto a Rachel Ashwell vintage pink embroidery fabric.  I sewn an eyelet floral white cotton trim, to the top of the pink fabric.  I made a quick and easy seam at the bottom of another Rachel Ashwell vintage fabric.  This white and pink floral fabric is just stunning in real life.  This panel piece (2 trims and 2 fabric pieces) are sewn together.  I haven't decided if I want to do 3-4 box pleats with this panel piece.  
The main body of the apron is an eggshell colored linen fabric.  I simply folded the fabric up to create the pockets (not sewn yet).   I am adding that beautiful white lace trim to the edge of the pockets (not sewn yet).   I want to attach this main piece to the vintage panel with that beautiful white cotton trim.  I made the ties out of the same fabric as the white floral Rachel Ashwell cotton fabric.  
I am happy with how it is coming together.  {smile}  I haven't finished, and there are quite a few pins holding it together.  Of course, I will be adding a few buttons and possibly a crochet doily to give this little beauty some shabby chicness.  {smile}    I am thinking about creating a blossom out of a coordinating fabric or possibly some ribbon.  But, I haven't decided on everything yet.  I'm still brain storming.  so, please stay tuned!