Sunday, July 31, 2016

Printed Blossoms

Howdy!  Ok, I'm getting 'better' at this new updated photo editing program.  I didn't spend too many hours fighting with it figuring it out.   So, I photographed a new card I made, uploaded it, and sorta happy with it.  
I am playing along in two challenges.  Each challenge is on different sides of the world.  How cool is that?  My first stop is in the USA:  Sugar Pea Designs Challenge.  This challenge site has a clever challenge idea.  They give you a theme, an inspiration board, and a sketch.  You can play with any one element or match them all together.  Pretty creative and super clever.  Here is the current (and soon retiring) challenge #8.
(I used the sketch)

And the other challenge I am playing along with, is from Russia: scrap-pygovka   This challenge is to use the colors and elements in the inspiration board.  You can use any theme, and I believe any project: tags, cards, albums, etc.  Love the 'freedom' to just create!  Here is their inspiration board:
(I used pale green and various pinks)

and here is what I made:

Recipe:  I made a standard A2 size card (4 1/4" x 5 1/2").  I sponged some distress linen ink to all the edges of the card stocks, and pattern papers.  The card base is made from Cream card stock by Paper Trey Ink.  (have I mentioned that I love this heavy weight card stock for card bases?)  My matt is made from mellow moss card stock by Stampin' Up!.  It was retired probably 5 years ago(?).  I just love the vintage look of this green.  It more of a grayish green.  The two pattern papers I used are from Anna Griffin, the Camilla Collection.  Very pretty, soft, and very feminine.

When I was constructing this card, I adhered the green pattern paper first.  Then I added the cream cotton trim.  I adhered the floral pattern paper.  And then I machine stitched the Coconut Seam Binding to the front of the card.  I then added my single border stitch all the way around the card front.  I love the way machine stitching looks on cards, and it also adds a little more staying power.  
I stamped my sentiment in basic black classic ink, by Stampin' Up!, onto a scrap piece of cream card stock, and layered a scrap piece of mellow moss card stock.  The sentiment banner is adhered to the card front with foam tape.
I tied a double bow with another length of Coconut seam binding, and adhered the bow to the card front with hot glue.  
I painted the tips of the deep pink paper blossom with some shimmer paint.  Then adhered the paper blossom to the top of the bow.
One final touch, was the trio of creamy taupe-colored flat back faux pearls.  Viola!  Pretty, elegant, and simple.  Well, this is about as clean and simple as I get.  
Thank you so much for stopping by to see what I have created.  I am off to get started on my shabby chic utility apron.  I'm excited to start, but also kinda nervous.  The fabric I am using was shipped from the Netherlands, so I need to make one cut, and not mess this up!   Pressure!  Fingers crossed.  Stay tuned!


Lee Ann Barrett said...

This is just gorgeous, Sharon! The colors, the textures, flowers and your stitching all wonderful and a great use of the sketch to boot! Thanks so much for sharing with us at SugarPea Designs!

Karren said...

This is such a beautiful card! So very feminine and so much interest. Thanks so much for joining us at SugarPea Designs.

Лера Kava said...

милая открытка! спасибо от блога СкрапПуговка

rotherford said...

Great blog I eenjoyed reading