Thursday, July 30, 2009


This week has been a bit busy, so I apologize for not posting sooner.
I have had a few ladies from my card clubs ask me about inks. There seems to be a little confusion over what ink works with what. So, I have made a little outline; hopefully this will help!
Dye Inks: (classic-SU) This ink is quick drying and works well on all paper types. When a dye ink is stamped on paper, the paper absorbs the ink and the ink stains the paper. Dye inks can fade over time, except archival dye inks, which are permanent and resist fading.
Pigment Inks: (craft-SU) This ink is thick and slow drying, making it ideal for embossing. Pigment inks generally comes in more vivid colors than dye inks. Pigment inks will not dry on glossy surfaces, unless they are embossed or sprayed with a fixative. Pigment inks dry on the top surface of the paper, and are not absorbed.
Solvent-based Ink: (Staz-On) Solvent-based inks are designed for non-porous and semi-porous surfaces (metal, shrink plastic, acrylic, glass, tile, wood, etc.) Solvent-based inks are permanent and resist water. This is an excellent ink to use when using watercolors.
Hybrid Inks: Hybrid inks combine the features of both dye ink and pigment ink. This type of ink has the intensity of a pigment ink, but dries quickly like a dye ink.
I hope this has helped.

No comments: